Please find listed below The Mohican Grand Barn Venue Policies
- Events are based on a 12 hour access period (11am-11pm) and a 6 hour “event time” defined as the reception event not including the wedding ceremony, if on-site. “Event day” itinerary (e.g. ceremony, cocktail hour, photos, reception) submitted to Venue 30 days prior to scheduled event. If the event concludes prior to 11pm, Vendor/Client may use the additional time for clean up and strike of equipment if necessary, at no additional charge. Any changes must be approved by the Venue in advance.
- All events must conclude by 11pm in order to allow for clean-up and closure of the venue by 12am midnight. Vendor/Client strike and equipment removal concluding by 12am. Extension of time will be billed at $250 per hour, not pro-rated and arranged in advance.
- Vendor/Client is responsible for setup and strike of all tables and chairs and for removing all trash from premise and deposited in designated areas (Note: storage location of tables to be determined but most likely in lower level of Venue).
- Fire pit usage must be approved for the event-no fee required. Venue does not provide wood.
- Options for on-site wedding ceremony include the pond and the wooded clearing (up to 100 white folding chairs available- 20’x 40’ tent available at additional cost of $300). Arrangements must be made in advance to allow for timing of set up. Client is responsible for additional chair rental from rental vendor in excess of the 100 chairs provided.
- Ceremony rehearsals, where applicable, are limited to one hour based on availability and scheduled by the Venue in advance.
- A Rehearsal Dinner Venue Rental Option is available for the night prior to the event, based on availability, at a rate of $500 for a 5 hour event 6pm-11pm if on-site lodging is secured through Mohican Cabins for the night of the rehearsal dinner. Alternate hours may be arranged for in advance. All catering and related policies apply (e.g. trash removal). No access to the Venue in whole or in part will be allowed unless the Venue has been reserved for in advance. Venue reservations for rehearsal dinners should be made as far in advance as possible to ensure availability. This policy applies to clients who enter into a contract after March 1, 2013 (not the event date).
- All events require a Certificate of General Liability Insurance (see contract for specific limits and verbiage).
- Any use of candles must be approved by the Venue (photo of container provided to Venue for approval). All candles must be contained or enclosed in glass. The flame must not reach higher than 2 inches from below the height of the glass.
- Decorations must be approved by the Venue. All decorations must be removed without leaving damages directly following the departure of the last guest, unless special arrangements have been made between the Client and the Venue.
- No open flames, fires, BBQ’s or sparklers unless approved by the Venue in advance.
- Amplified music must be kept at a reasonable level. Volume control will be at the discretion of the Venue management. Use of outdoor/exterior sound system speakers must conclude no later than 10pm. If sound continues after 10pm, it must be contained indoors and all doors and windows must be closed. All sound must stop by 11pm.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
Amenities by Room
Use of The Loft at The Grand Barn is included in the rental fee. The Loft is designed with two entrances and can be divided to serve as a private Bride and Groom’s lounge the day of the event with access hours of 11am-11pm and includes:
- Bride’s Room and Lounge
- (1) Private half bath (sink and toilet) and vanity/mirror area
- Hooks for hanging
- Groom’s Room and Lounge
- Living area and kitchen
- Outdoor deck
- Full bath (shower, sink and toilet)
In-House Inventory (included in the rate)
- (1) 24’ long by approx. 30 inch wide, hand crafted, pine, banquet table (not movable)
- (24) 8’ rectangle resin and/or wood folding banquet tables (table covers and linens suggested)
- (250) Steel banquet style chairs with upholstered seats and backs (covers suggested)
- (100) White Folding
- White twinkle lights wrapped around support trusses, beams and handrails. Client my add additional lights with written permission and removed at end of event by Client or Representative
Brew-house Barrels (not guaranteed)
- (5) Brew-house barrels in the ballroom and (3) on upper deck (not movable)
- Sound speakers throughout the reception area
- (1) wireless microphone
All inventories may be used for the event as needed. The Client/Caterer/Representative/Vendor is responsible for setting up and returning to their designated location at the end of the event
- Non-event guests may be present on the property as guests of Mohican Cabins (e.g. pond, walking paths, driveways, cabins).
- Golf-carts, Gators, ATV’s are not available for use by guests or vendors.
- Venue does not have dollies on-site.
- Venue does not have ladders or lifts on-site, please plan accordingly.
- No overnight storage is available.
- No stapling or tacking materials to any walls, posts, or doors.
- All guests and vendor must adhere to posted Venue boundaries and private area signage.
- Smoking allowed in designated areas only.
- (100) Non-paved dispersed parking spaces are available at The Grand Barn.
- Valet parking options to be determined at a later date.
- (1) 20’x 40’ white outdoor tent is available for a rental fee of $300.
- Honey-Moon suite in the Tree House as well as the Mohican, Walhonding, Kokosing, and Killbuck Cabins may be rented at standard rates based on availability for your event. See our vacation rental website at www.themohicancabins.com for additional information including photos, cabin details, rates, rental policies and availability. On-line reservations are also available.